Wednesday, August 17, 2011

something old, something new...




While I was at the nats, I acquired a new hood!  so the old hood with the scoop on it has been retired to the parts bin in the basement, and the van is now sporting a new (old) louvered hood.. took me a little to get used it after having the hood scoop for 10plus years....

and this past weekend, at Super Somer in CT, I picked up a chrome stealth grill.  These pics don't do it justice.. it was quite the change after the van having the original grill for 21 years... but the more I look at this, the more I like it!

I also picked up a set of dutch doors to replace the barn doors on the back.. I need a bit more hardware before tackling this project.

I have been trying to find a solid, no window slider to complete my gull wing with, and finally found one.. but it is a 20 hour round trip to get... trying to work out the logistics of meeting it's current curator at a van run somewhere, or getting someone else to vanner express it for me.

there will be some major changes going on over the next year if I can get these new parts all installed!  I can't wait!
  Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment