Monday, August 21, 2017

Water pump

Coming home from "A Boogie Affair" last weekend, I noticed some bearing noise coming from the engine as I got home.  I pulled the van into the garage and popped off the belt and started checking all the pulleys, and discovered the fan was moving a lot... time for a new water pump.

This past weekend I took the time to swap it out.. not nearly as difficult as I expected considering the amount of room there is to work.

not that you can see it once it's installed, but I painted it bright red.
I also sandblasted and painted the fan.

Pump is out

old vs new

sand blasted the fan

painted the van

painted the pump

ready for install



I love the red... 




shroud and belt back on, can't see the fan any more, and can barely see the pump

No comments:

Post a Comment