Monday, August 21, 2017

LED tail lights.

I finally broke down and bought a set of LED tail lights for the van.

they look great, but I noticed a major problem right away... the brightness level between parking light and brake light was almost non existent...  the parking lights were too damn bright!

that was a major safety issue for me, I want people to be able to tell when I hit the brakes, or the turn signal is on, and at these brightness levels, and today's distracted drivers.. this wasn't going to work.

I ended up adding a 150ohm resistor inline on the parking light side, which dimmed them down enough to make it work like it should

New LED vs my old Altezza's and the stock lens.

parking light

Brake light

I also swapped out the backup bulbs for LEDS.
much brighter and it's a nice white light.



No comments:

Post a Comment