Sunday, August 21, 2011

As the Music fades....

the current head unit on my van stereo a Kenwood Excelon Z828, has been in service for 9 years and has been a kick ass stereo.  It has some issues that have developed over time due to age and wear, the latch that holds the detachable face plate in place is broken, and you have to jury rig it every time, and every now and again the face plate fails to work.. won't display anything, can't turn it on, etc.. usually re-seating it fixes it.
it hasn't done this to me in a while, but decided to start acting up again this week.  Minor annoyance, but something I want to get resolved.  I really don't want to have to buy a new head unit, this one does everything I need and I like it (that and I finally broke down and bought the direct Ipod control unit for it).
I'm hoping this one keeps working through the winter to give me time to save up some money.

I'm currently considering a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X995 (yes, I like Kenwood Excelon units!)
it's a good price, has all the features I want, and looks nice.. and maybe by spring time it will have an even better price!



EDIT... I tore the dash apart this afernoon... had a bad ground wire on the stereo. soldered it back together and it all works...

imagine that.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment